Jakarta, CNN Indonesia —
The Manchester City vs Liverpool match in the Premier League continued with a series of special facts about the performance of the two teams and their players.
Man City and Liverpool are no longer dueling for the same goal as in the past. The Citizens are still trying to defend the title from undermining Arsenal, while Liverpool are trying to enter the top four.
The match at the Etihad Stadium, Manchester, Saturday (1/4) will showcase the prestige of two well-known clubs filled with star players.
Three points that will feel like they have their own special level will be packaged by the winner.
Here are five special facts about Man City vs Liverpool:
1. Of the 13 meetings in the Premier League match at the Etihad Stadium against Liverpool, Man City has only ever lost one. Seven matches ended in wins and five matches ended in a draw.
Man City’s only home defeat to Liverpool in the Premier League occurred in November 2015 when Manchester Blue was still handled by Manuel Pellegrini.
2. Liverpool have won the match against Man City in the first round of this season. If you can silence the host, then The Anfield Gank will win a double in one season over Liverpool for the second time in the last 17 years.
The last time Liverpool packed a perfect win over Man City in one season was in 2015/2016.
3. Man City have won the last three matches in the Premier League, but have never recorded four consecutive wins this season.
Meanwhile, Liverpool are overshadowed by bad away trends. From 13 matches at home to opponents that have been undertaken this season, Liverpool have only won 12 points.
4. Erling Haaland has scored 42 percent of all Man City goals in the Premier League this season. Meanwhile, in all competitions, the Norwegian has scored 42 goals this season. If he can score three more goals, then Haaland will surpass the records of Ruud Van Nistelrooy and Mohamed Salah.
5. Salah scored in three matches against Man City this season, each in the Premier League, Community Shield and League Cup.