PDIP Talks Relations with Jokowi After the U-20 World Cup Canceled in RI

Jakarta, CNN Indonesia —

PDIP Secretary General Hasto Kristiyanto spoke out about his party’s communication with President Joko Widodo after FIFA canceled the U-20 World Cup in Indonesia.

Hasto said his party is still in intense communication with Jokowi. Hasto said that currently Jokowi was still accompanied by party cadres who also served as Cabinet Secretary Pramono Anung.


ADVERTISEMENT


SCROLL TO RESUME CONTENT

“Yes, we are intense. Today Mr. Pramono Anung accompanies Mr. President Jokowi,” Hasto said at the Gelora Bung Karno complex, Jakarta, Thursday (30/3).

Hasto said that PDIP’s communication with Jokowi was well established, even though his party voiced their rejection of the presence of the Israeli national team in Indonesia as a participant in the U-20 World Cup.

At that time, he continued, PDIP then met with the Minister of Foreign Affairs and State Secretary to lobby and offer solutions.

“When last year we found out that Israel had passed, then we lobbied, met with the Minister of Foreign Affairs, met with the Secretary of State,” he said.

Hasto stated that his party had predicted that Israel’s presence would be rejected by a number of parties. Because of that, he also lobbied FIFA for the Israel match to be held in Singapore.

“We recommend that we accept the U-20 but we are lobbying FIFA so that the match with Israel can be moved to Singapore. We have been saying that for a long time,” he said.

FIFA has decided that Indonesia will not host the U-20 World Cup. The decision was made after FIFA President Gianni Infantino met PSSI Chairman Erick Thohir in Doha, Qatar, Wednesday (29/3).

The meeting was held to discuss the problems faced by Indonesia in hosting the 2023 U-20 World Cup.

“FIFA would like to underline that despite this decision, it remains committed to actively assisting PSSI, working closely together and with the support of President Joko Widodo’s government, in the process of transforming Indonesian football after the tragedy that occurred in October 2022,” wrote FIFA in a publication fragment quoted from official website, Wednesday (29/3).

(thr/pmg)

(Gambas:Video CNN)

Leave a Comment