Jakarta, CNN Indonesia —
The Governor of Bali I Wayan Koster has signed the local government’s host city agreement in connection with holding the 2023 U-20 World Cup in February 2022.
In the data presented by Plt Menpora Muhadjir Effendy during a working meeting with Commission X DPR RI, Tuesday (28/3), it is known that the Governor of Bali has signed an agreement with FIFA on the organizing region.
Referring to the data, the Governor of Bali has extended the local government’s host city agreement with FIFA after the postponement of the 2021 U-20 World Cup in February 2022.
Apart from the Governor of Bali, there are also five other regional leaders whose areas have stadiums for the 2023 U-20 World Cup, namely the Governor of DKI Jakarta, the Governor of West Java, the Governor of South Sumatra, the Mayor of Surakarta, and the Mayor of Surabaya.
The Governor of DKI Jakarta and the Governor of West Java have extended the local government’s host city agreement with FIFA in December 2021.
Meanwhile the Governor of South Sumatra, Mayor of Surakarta, and Mayor of Surabaya officially extended the agreement in March 2021.
The extension was made because previously Indonesia was appointed as the host for the 2021 U-20 World Cup, but the event was canceled due to the pandemic. Then FIFA set Indonesia as the host for the 2023 U-20 World Cup.
Later, approaching the holding of the U-20 World Cup in May-June 2023, Wayan Koster expressed his rejection of Israel’s arrival.
Accordingly, last week FIFA canceled the draw for the U-20 World Cup which was originally scheduled to take place in Bali on March 31.
Data on the signing of the extension of the Host City Agreement between the regional government and FIFA after the delay
1. Governor of DKI Jakarta (Publisher: Pemprov DKI Jakarta) December 2021
2. Governor of West Java (Publisher: West Java Provincial Government) December 2021
3. Governor of Bali (Publisher: Pemprov Bali) February 2022
4. Governor of South Sumatra (Publisher: South Sumatra Provincial Government) March 2021
5. Surakarta Mayor (Publisher: Surakarta City Government) March 2021
6. Mayor of Surabaya (Publisher: Surabaya City Government) March 2021